Get Single Ply Roofing for Your Business
Single ply roofing is a type of roofing that is laid on top of a roof in sheets, instead of using hot tar or asphalt. It is a good option for roofs that do not have much of a slope, which often refers to businesses or warehouses. They can be installed quickly, where it often does not interfere with the running of your business. There are a few different types, each of which has its advantages and drawbacks. Here is a look at what those are and which ones are best suited for different circumstances. If you are interested in single ply roofing in Fort Wayne, IN, give the experts at Tri-County Commercial Roofing LLC a call at (260) 248-7020.
Pros and Cons of Single Ply Roofing
Check out this list of single ply roofing pros and cons, based on the most popular types available.
- TPO Pros: This type of roofing is considered highly durable and is good when it comes to saving energy. It is also a cheaper solution to install than other types.
- TPO Cons: There is evidence that this roofing is not perfect when it comes to high heat. If you live in a hot climate, it will not last as long as it will in milder climates.
- EPDM Pros: You can count on this type of roofing to be fire-resistant and not harmful to the environment. It is also able to block UV rays and is not easily damaged when it comes to wind and hail.
- EPDM Cons: This roofing consists of black rubber, so some do not like to look at it or think it is an eyesore. It is also more expensive than other options out there.
- PVC Pros: This product is able to hold up well, since slight movements of the building or the ground will not damage it. Chemicals will not damage it either.
- PVC Cons: It can be hard to repair PVC once it starts to break down or become damaged. Installation also means you have to remove whatever roof you already have completely.
How long does single ply roofing last?
Depending on what type of single ply roofing you choose, and whether or not it is installed properly, in many cases, the warranty can last for up to 40 years. Each type of roofing will have its own warranty period, where the time is generally at least 20 years. This means there should be very few problems for at least 2 decades, although you should have your roof monitored to make sure no issues arise during that time.
What is single ply TPO roofing?
TPO is a specific type of single ply for roofing, which is also known as Thermoplastic Polyolefin. It is a type that is easy to install, lasts a long time, and is resistant to grease.
What is the best material for a flat roof?
There are a handful of great materials to use when it comes to single ply roofing for a flat roof but some people feel that PVC is the best choice. This is because it does not take a lot of upkeep and it is unlikely to crack or become damaged. It also is good for lowering energy bills, since it is white.
How do you waterproof a flat roof?
The best way to waterproof a flat roof is by using elastomeric coating on top of it. This keeps water from being able to penetrate it and lessens leaks and things like that. You can do this by yourself if you are experienced, but it is a better idea to call a commercial roofer like Tri-County Commercial Roofing LLC to complete the job.
What colors does this roofing come in?
There are not too many colors to choose from when it comes to different types of single ply roofing. Often they are white or black, but some products may have a handful of other roofing colors to choose from, such as gray or brown.
What is the best covering for a flat roof?
Although there are a few good options when it comes to covering a flat roof, a top choice is EPDM or Ethylene Polypropylene Diene Monomer, which is a rubber type of roofing. It resists fire and the sun’s rays.
Now you likely know more single ply roofing details, so you can make a better decision about if it is something that will work well for your business or commercial building. If you are in need of single ply roofing in Fort Wayne, IN, look no further than Tri-County Commercial Roofing LLC. We work with all the single ply roofing products that were mentioned previously, and we also offer commercial coatings as well. These can increase the life of your roof even further. We would love to talk to you today about your roof and your business. Call us today at (260) 248-7020 to learn more about any of these things or to see how we can solve your problems.